Thursday, October 29, 2009

Day 1 of the remodel~unwanted surprises!

I was at my store until 5:00, so I didn't have much time at the house today. The contractor found some unwanted surprises. I expected some since it's an older house, built in 1962. The previous owner died a year ago and I'm pretty sure it was respiratory problems. After uncovering all the mold, I am not surprised that he had problems. I am SOOOOOO glad that we had to tear out the carpet or we wouldn't have found the mold.
Tonight my son and I tore out carpet and took up some of the carpet tacking. The smell in the house is very bad.

Tomorrow night I'll finish taking up the carpet tacking and shovel up the black stuff in the bedrooms. And, tomorrow we're wearing masks!




3 comments:

Firecracker Kid said...

Oh my! They never tell about those things. Good you took pics and documented them. You got some work ahead of ya. Carol

Tins and Treasures said...

Yes, you must wear a mask when working with the black mold. There were alot of people here in Aberdeen that have had problems with the mold after the flood of 2007.

Happy Halloween. Stay safe and warm ~Natalie

Valley Primitives Gift Shoppe said...

Oh my! You've got your work cut out for you. It's always a scary when you have to uncover things, but so glad you did with all the mold!
Kim - so glad I can read your blog now. I haven't been able to for awhile.