Saturday, July 11, 2009

Just finished a "flock" of 5 primitive bird nodders. I call them "prim tweeters".

They're listed on etsy, so you can click on the photo to see the others.

These birds have literally been perched in my living room for about a month waiting for their wings! I finally blanket stitched some wool felt wings, added a prim hang tag and some rusty bells, saftey pins and a bit of raffia. Stained with coffee and prim perfectly finished! This morning they flew into my store. :)



Years ago, my aunt and I went to a quilt shop in Hendersonville, NC for a group called "Baa Baa Sisterhood". It's a group that does penny rugs & punch needle. I wanted to learn punch needle. It wasn't a class, but a group that meets once a month. The leader wasn't there, and someone tried to help me, but I just couldn't get it. The stitches kept coming out and the hole kept getting bigger. I quit! I figured there was soooooo much that I ~can~ do, that I wasn't going to spend time on something that frustrated me so much. Now~~~I've decided to try again. I want to make some punch needle pins to sell in my store. Soooo, I just bought a Cameo Ultra Punch needle with the three tips from The Prairie Grove Peddler's Etsy Shop. She sells punch needle patterns also, so check out her shop!

I'm determined to learn it this time. Everyone says it is so easy. Say a prayer for me! Of course I needed another craft skill like I need a hole in the head! People tell me, "you're so talented". I tell them sometimes it's a curse. Everything I see, I think "I can do that!". Therefore, I turn into a work-a-holic. Maybe it should be a craft-a-holic. (Crafting forever, housework whenever.)

My list of current things I make: Primitive dolls, prim stitcheries, stenciled signs, make-dos, nodders, penny rugs, painted items, wreaths, annnnddd, I'll soon be adding pattern designer to the list. I'm sure there's more, I just can't think of them right now. :) In addition to the crafts, I have my blog, my store website (priviesandprims.com), my etsy store (priviesandprims.etsy.com), my wedding photography website (affordablememoriesnc.com), my brick and mortar store, my photography etsy store (thenandnowartphotos.etsy.com), and I'm webmistress for Kit-N-Kaboodle Antiques here in Burnsville (kitnkaboodleantiques.com), and webmistress for Mountain Piecemaker's Quild Guild which I am a member of (mountainpiecemakersquiltguild.com). Sometimes I sleep. :)

No comments: