Friday, June 19, 2009

Fancy breakfast & New black babydoll

We'll start with breakfast. I eat the standard scrambled eggs with ham, homefries, and sometimes a pancake if I'm real hungry. It's the special at one of our local restaurants. Only $5.25 and includes toast and coffee! Me and the girls have a "breakfast club" and meet each Friday morning. I eat so much at breakfast, that I usually skip lunch cause I'm still full!


Then there's Nancy. Her name has NOT been changed to protect the innocent. :) She orders pancakes and a mug of hot water. She brings her own teabag and the tea smells wonderful like cloves. I think it's spice tea. PLUS, she brings a mason jar with fresh strawberries! She dumps them on the pancakes, then adds maple syrup! Today I had my camera with me and the girls thought I should share a photo of Nancy's breakfast. Are ya hungry now??? Stop by on Friday morning at Wishbone's Restaurant in Burnsville, NC. We meet at 9:00 and there's always room to squeeze in another chair. (no men allowed, this is gals time out)

Now, onto the next topic. I have a helper at my store for the summer, so today I left early and came home to work on dolls.... After I made a stop at Needle-Me-This Quilt Shop. Never enough fabric! I bought a yard of some great fabric on sale that reminds me of penny rugs. It's from Moda Fabrics. Not sure what I'm going to make with it, but it was on sale so I HAD to buy a yard!

After I went to the quilt shop and the grocery store, I came home and got to work. I have several dolls that have been waiting to be finished for probably over a month. Today, I finished one and almost finished another. She'll be finished tomorrow. And, she is worth the wait. You must check back and see her!


Here's a photo of the cutie I finished up today. I haven't named her yet. I think I will leave it up to the buyer and I'll make the tag to their order. She is dressed in a vintage doll dress and her slip is made from the lace off a woman's vintage pure silk slip. She is unique, signed, dated and for sale in my etsy shop. I made her using a Sweet Meadow Farms pattern "Mammy's Breakfast" that is supposed to have pancakes & bacon with it, but I always try to make my dolls a bit different so they have their own character.

That's it for tonight. I'll be back soon. With more finished dolls!


No comments: