Friday, March 13, 2009

Girl's Day Out found treasures!










First I must show you what I received a couple days ago. I ordered a HUGE amount of wool felt from an ebay seller and it arrived weighing 44 pounds!!! The box is so HUGE, it almost took up the whole back seat in my mini-van. The photo really doesn't make it look as big as it is. I think I'm set for wool felt for a very, very long time and I'll be making lots and lots of penny rugs. :)
I've got great colors for Spring and Easter penny rugs, summertime Americana July 4th goodies, Fall pumpkins, and prim Christmas ornies. The possibilities are endless!
Now comes the fun of felting it all and finding a place to store it. :(






Ok, on to the treasures I found today while doing the thrift store circuit in Marion, NC with my good friend Susan. We had a great time and went to 3 thrift stores, Walmart, and for a BBQ lunch. Yummmmm.


Now, this has got to be one of the ugliest sweaters I've ever seen. But, I have a vision. Looks perfect to me for making sheep! I can even use the inside side to make darker sheep. Penny rugs, sheep dolls, etc., etc.

And, since all clothing was 1/2 price, this ugly sweater only cost me $3.00. What a bargain!



















Next, I found me some cute jammies to wear while I'm bloggin'. :) At 1/2 price, they only cost me $2.00.






















I found this other pair of jammie pants for summer since they're thin cotton. They've got the name "Marie" written inside, so if you're Marie, know that your pajama pants will be well loved. I don't remember what they cost, but I know they were 1/2 price.



















I LOVE comfy clothes and this Old navy t-shirt fits the bill. It was a great buy at only $1.75.










I closed the store today to do this Girl's Day Out. Originally, we were planning on going to the QuiltFest in Pigeon Forge, but since they were calling for sleet, we decided to stay closer to home.
Now around here, when you take a day off, they call it "laying out", or "loafering". We are guilty! And we had a great day.
And a good day was had by all. Susan ran out of checks and I ran out of cash, so we had to go home. Next time we'll hit the shops in Asheville.
Be sure and make some time for your friends. Take time out from the craziness of life to enjoy the simple things.

5 comments:

Marjorie (Molly) Smith said...

LOL...you sound like my kinda girl. I enjoy nothing as much as I enjoy TS hopping. I went last Weds with my Sister and we had a ball.
We call it loafing here also. You found some great bargins...ahhh I love a bargin.
Molly

I Play Outside The Box said...

Every time I look at your pictures, I just can't wait till Donna and I can get back up to Burnsville to see you again. Your shop certainly has taken shape.

Valley Primitives Gift Shoppe said...

Sounds like you had a great day and found some great bargains :)
Kim

Jody said...

Wonderful treasures Doreen! Your shop looks awesome too!

My Colonial Home said...

Holy Moly girl...a Penny Rug sewers dream!!!! What wonderful colors too. You got very lucky.

Love the idea for that ugly? sweater...sheep...too cool.

Karen