Saturday, February 22, 2014

Penny Rug class with Janice Sonnen

I had the pleasure of taking a penny rug applique class today with 
Janice Sonnen at the Landis Valley Museum.
http://www.landisvalleymuseum.org/index.php

I already knew how to make penny rugs, but it was lots more fun to make one with a group 
of women than it is sitting home by myself.  :)


Someday I would like to take a rug hooking class with Janice also.  
Janice is a traditional crafts person and makes mostly primitive style hooked rugs and penny rugs.  
You can find out more information here:  http://sonnen.rbcrafts.org/

While I was at the museum, I talked to the store manager and signed an agreement for them to sell my wool pincushions and penny rugs on consignment!  

These are the ones that I left there for sale.  
All are made from recycled clothing and the pin cushions are stuffed with sawdust & sheep's wool.  
My handmade items will also be available soon at the Lancaster Mennonite Historical Society Museum store.  

I love doing handstitching and I'm feeling blessed that others enjoy the finished products. 
Time to get busy and make some more pincushions!  Or is it pinkeep, or pin cushion??? 


No comments: