Friday, August 6, 2010

Day One~ Mt. Mitchell Crafts Fair photos!

Day one is over and I am totally, completely, 100% exhausted! I signed up for this show at the last minute, so I only had 2 weeks to prepare! I had some stuff already made and in my store, but I worked my butt off (but it's still there) for the last 2 weeks making as much as I could for the show. Even with the things from my store added in, I think my tent looked a little bare. I think as crafters, we "never" think we have enough.

I took some photos for ya to see how great the fair is. You can still come tomorrow (Saturday) from 9:00-5:00. My booth is in front of the library, so stop by and say hello!

This show does have a unique attraction called "Heritage Hollow". Local craftsmen and women set up and demonstrate old time crafting. It's a huge tent and they are in there all day showing folks how to make old timey stuff. Very interesting. Demos include quilting, basket making, candle making, Civil War apparel and camp with costumes, pottery, and more. There's even hay bales to sit on and rest yer feet for a spell. :)

I think the most popular thing today must of been Kettle Korn. I saw TONS of people walking by my tent with bags of kettle korn. Of course I had to get some of my own to join in on the tasty fun. ;-) It's all about the food! To be fair, I had to try a funnel cake too. The popcorn and the funnel cake were both very delicious!!!

All in all, it was a good day. VERY hot at times, cooler and breezy at other times. With the breeze came the scent of BBQ and Kettle Korn! And, it didn't rain!

Here's the photos. Enjoy!

1 comment:

My Colonial Home said...

This looks like a fun place to be.
And your booth looks like you worked quite hard to fill it....so many wonderful goodies.
I guess I must be one of the very few people who doesn't care for Kettle Korn...it's too sweet for me but I will say the smell of it cooking is awesome! It does draw me and just a handful is all I can eat of it...
Oh hand made Ice Cream...now that's for me! lots of it!

Karen