Monday, March 15, 2010

Progress on 5-1/2 foot doll~

I've decided to make her Amish, so we shall call her "Hannah".

In this first photo, Hannah is spending some time at the primitive doll tanning booth. :)

After getting her grunge tan, Hannah made a new dress from pale yellow fabric. No prints for the Amish. Plain through and through. She is sooooo big that she looks right at home in my recliner! Kind of creepy really.

She hasn't made her apron or bonnet yet, but they're a coming! And of course, all her clothing will also be grunged. The dress will spend tonight soaking in a fresh tub of coffee/vanilla mixture.
Hannah also needs some hair and a mouth. I know that some people make Amish dolls without faces, but I decided to give her a very prim face.
I forgot to put the bra on her. I don't really think she needs it, so I'll keep that for another doll. Amish don't like to show their "features", so I'll not add anything to her body.

More photos to come as I finish her up.



5 comments:

Firecracker Kid said...

Oh my gosh. Will she be keeping you company Doreen?

PriviesAndPrims said...

I actually have her folded over and face down. It's kind of creepy having a doll that big! I think I'll put her in the craft room until she's finished. :)
Hopefully tomorrow I'll get her finished up.

Donna~One Simple Country Girl said...

She looks great so far! Can't wait to see her all finished up! Hope you have a great day!
Hugs,
Donna

Teri said...

I'm anxious to see her finished, too!

W.C.Camp said...

Good Job but I have to admit, the Jeffrey Dahmer parts hanging from the ceiling are kind of shocking!

W.C.C.