Saturday, November 29, 2008

Happy Belated Thanksgiving!

Well, I'm a little late as usual, but not too late to wish you many, many blessings from our Lord!

I've been busy with family, working, shopping and crafting. No early morning things as I am NOT a morning person! There wasn't anything out there that I couldn't live without, so I slept through the madness.

I think I still need to explain why my son woke me up at 1:30am. Sorry to leave you in suspense there. :) Well, I was sound asleep in dream land and he was doing push ups! (he's 16) Imagine that at 1:30am! He "claims" he saw a mouse run behind his hamper. Then again behind his tv cabinet. Now, keep in mind that we have lived here over a year and have never even seen one speck of mouse droppings. I told him to go to bed and we'll check on it in the morning. Noooooo, we had to look for it at 1:30 in the morning! So, he proceeded to tear apart his whole room, shaking the covers, moving furniture, etc. No mouse. After all that, he was satisfied enough to go to bed. After we set 3 mouse traps. We both dreamt of mouse traps! Three days later, we set off the traps and put them away. No mouse. I'm not sure if there ever was one, but he said he'll take it to his grave that he saw a mouse. (lol)

Now, on with the current stuff. We went to breakfast on Thanksgiving at my local "Cheers" restaurant where everyone knows your name, and that you always get sweet tea. :) They were offering free breakfast and if you gave a donation, it went to the owner's church benevolence fund. I took my sister-in-law, niece and nephew that are visiting from GA, and my son. We had a great breakfast and gave our donations to a worthy cause.





My son is the one with the "mop head" and I'm the one in the green jacket. Don't ya just love my nieces hat? She got it at Target! It reminds me of the flapper girls.

After breakfast I came home for a few hours and finished a winter angel wreath.



I love how it turned out! It's one of those things that I'd like to keep for myself, but I can always make another one. It's for sale in my etsy shoppe or on my website. http://www.priviesandprims.com/.

I also made lots of candy cane ornaments and got stuff tagged to put in the Christmas Cabin. We had a great day at the Christmas Cabin yesterday and I took this photo last night.

You can see more photos at http://www.handcraftedchristmasinthecabin.com/

Time for me to get some work done and get out of my jammies. :)

Have a blessed one and leave the charge cards home!

2 comments:

I Play Outside The Box said...

Love it!! The cabin looks so inviting!! Would love to leave a nose print on that there window!! Ü

Valley Primitives Gift Shoppe said...

LOL! That's a funny mouse story. I think it would be easy to "see" things at 1:30am while doing push ups...silly boy! I love your wreath, it's so prim and cute :)
Kim