Friday, December 13, 2013

Here I am again after a way too long amount of time.  :)


I killed my netbook a long time ago with sweet tea and decided to buy a Kindle Fire to use instead of another netbook.  My thought was that I would spend less time online if I was using a tablet instead of a netbook with a keyboard.  It worked.  Except, I got sick of it.  A Kindle Fire is great, but not meant to be used as a primary computer which is how I was using it.  

I do have a desktop computer in my bedroom that I use for printing or cutting stencils.  But I just don't like sitting at a desk, so I rarely use it.  
Solution???  I bought myself a new netbook for Christmas!!! Actually, it's a refurbished Chromebook.  I almost always buy refurbished when I can.  Even my cell phone is refurbished.  You get the same warranty, but pay a lower price. 
So, I picked up my Chromebook tonight at Walmart after waiting in a very long line.  They had one cashier open in the back for the Site-to-Store/Layaway.  Since today is the last day to pick up layaways, they were pretty busy.  AND, not staffed for it.  As usual.  

I'm hoping to be more active on my blog, now that I have a keyboard again.  
And, I'm curious to see how I like the Chromebook.  It's made by Acer and so far, I'm liking it.  :)

As for my business/crafting life, I've been selling to The Old Country Store in Intercourse, PA and they've been keeping me pretty busy.  Sadly, they closed last week and filed for bankruptcy.  Everyone was shocked and saddened.  They will be missed.  Over 30 employees laid off and many local crafters have lost an outlet to sell their creations.  

I am still selling on consignment at In Grandma's Attic in Kinzers, PA.   I took some things today for the wholesale buyers and I'm hoping they buy it all!  

I have some stitchery  & punchneedle patterns, and finished primitives on etsy www.PriviesAndPrims.etsy.com and also my stencils are for sale at www.HomePlaceGatherings.etsy.com.   To see what my latest creations are, I usually post photos on my facebook page.  (Doreen Brannan Bell)  I'm not adding any friends on my page, but I'm pretty sure you can "follow" if you want to keep up with it.  

There's so much I could add here to get you caught up with life, but for now I'll sign off to get some sleep.  Snow day tomorrow in Lancaster County!

No comments: