Sunday, October 31, 2010

Pumpkin Carvings and Mischief Night!

Last night my son and I went to a community event about 15 minutes from our home.  The community of Celo, NC.  Celo is known for it's fantastic artists and this weekend, they got to show their talent in carving pumpkins.  After the pumpkins were carved, they were lined up on the walls of a bridge and lit with tea light candles.  What an awesome sight! 

Some people were staying in their car and riding across the bridge slowly.  We got out and walked and I would say that's the only way to see them! 

After seeing the pumpkins, we walked up to the Celo Community Center and had some yummy chicken chili!  After getting our tummys full and warmed up, we went back out to the bridge and took some photos of our favorite pumpkin carvings.   Some are creepy and scary.  They are not my favorites because of the subject matter, but because of the talent in the carvings.  My favorite was the wolves howling at the moon.


My brother and his family were here visiting this weekend from Georgia, so after we went to Celo, we went to my parents house to spend time with the family. On our way home, we immediately noticed a noise that sounded like a stick in the wheel. It ended up being a plastic tie that my sweet, sweet nephews had put on our car! 
Keep in mind that in the last couple weeks, I've spent about $500 on car repairs, so it was not a pleasant feeling when I heard my car making "another" noise! I "thought" that was it for mischief night this year.

Then this morning, I saw my front yard. Some kind soul decided I needed to show some support to the local politicians. In the form of 12 signs in my front yard! Both parties were represented. I've gathered up the signs and tomorrow I'll drop them off at the party headquarter offices.
Hopefully, the "fun" is over for the year.  At least it was all harmless.  :)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I cannot believe someone would put those signs in your yard without asking? Maybe it was some type of prank?
Oh and the car - I would have wanted to curl up in a ball and cry, funny but not when you just had so much car trouble!
The pumpking show sounds fantastic! Have a great Halloween!!

PriviesAndPrims said...

Jennifer, I'm sure it was a prank cause there were signs from both parties. :)

Brenda said...

Hi Doreen, I keep forgetting to let you know that I received my Blessings Angel and I love her! Thanks again so much!
Brenda

PriviesAndPrims said...

You're welcome Brenda!